Mustankorkea Oy, a waste management company owned by municipalities, is responsible for organising waste management in the Jyväskylä, Laukaa, Muurame and Toivakka areas. There are more than 170,000 inhabitants in the area where Mustankorkea operates. Mustankorkea Oy takes care of the collection, transportation, reception, treatment and utilisation of waste, as well as advises on waste management.
Its services include the Mustankorkea waste management centre and sorting yard, recycling points, regional collection points and mobile collection of hazardous waste.
Please contact Mustankorkea
- to submit a notification on the waste management arrangements of your property (individual or shared waste container)
- to indicate changes in your waste management services, e.g. emptying interval or billing information
- to find out more about your waste management bill
- to get more information on sorting or treating waste
- to submit a notification on composting or shared waste container
- to give us feedback on recycling points and hazardous waste collection
The Jyväskylä Regional Waste Management Board
The Jyväskylä Regional Waste Management Board is responsible for the official waste man-agement duties of the region. The Board decides, among other things, on waste manage-ment regulations and waste charges and monitors properties’ joining the municipal waste management system. The Board is the joint waste management authority of the municipali-ties of the City of Jyväskylä, Laukaa, Muurame and Toivakka.
Successes of Finland's waste management
High-quality waste management solutions are prerequisite for preserving a safe and clean living environment. The below video represents successes of Finland's waste management.